News conference manuscript
The event’s primary organizer US-China Capital Cities Friendship Council and the co-organizer Washington DC government announced at the news conference that The US-China cross-border investment and real estate development forum will be hosted in Washington DC from June,10th,2014 to June,13th,2014. Officers of Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia State and the US federal government, government officials of Beijing City, and hundreds of entrepreneurs coming from US and China will attend the forum on that day.
The forum will focus on US-China cross-border investment and cross-border real estate development,try to fully demonstrate the US business investment environment, present the most advantageous areas, the most promising industry and the most attractive projects in USA, which would be an high-end forum of the US-China economic situation and the investment strategy.
The advantages of investment in Washington DC mainly reflected in the following aspects:
1. Chinese direct investment in the United States reached $ 14 billion in 2013 (about 84 billion RMB), which is a new high record in history.
2. The average household income of Washington DC is $ 88,233 per year, ranking the first in US.
3. Washington DC is the center of U.S. high-technology industry, particularly in the IT industry and bio-engineering-based industry, with 75% of the bio-engineering government funding is invested in the Washington DC area.
4. With the expansion of the U.S. government, the real estate industry is in a boom phase, the growth rate of Washington DC area reaches 3-4 times per year.
5. Washington DC's economy is largely associated with the federal government, the Department of Defense, Department of Energy, the State Health Department, the Food and Drug Administration and other government agencies.
6. Legal provisions, economic policy, stock monitoring and other decisions are usually made in Washington DC.
7. In recent years, foreign investment in Washington DC demonstrates a trend of number increasing,size expansion, industry concentration, and leading by private enterprises.
On year 1984, Beijing City of China and Washington, DC became sister cities. In the same year, the US-China Capital Cities Friendship Council was established. The Chief representative of Washington DC in China, Shao Ning, said,’The China Center of Washington, DC was founded in 2012, it’s the first international office in Washington, District of Columbia. As an economic ties between the local governments and enterprises, the Centre intends to provide help to those Chinese enterprises which establish branches in Washington, DC. We are committed to lead Chinese enterprises “going out” in the areas of real estate, technology, education and tourism industry. On the occasion of the thirtieth anniversary of the Sister cities, with the help of the China Center of Washington, DC, Air China will be opened in June 10, 2014 Beijing-Washington non-stop flights, setting up a new air channel for the two capitals, which will further promote exchanges and deepen the friendship between the two cities’relations and promote economic prosperity between the two regions.”
The Vice-Chairman of the US-China Capital Cities Friendship Council Zhaofan Tang said at the news conference that, with the increasing cost of production and RMB exchange rate, Chinese companies must adjust their business models to a higher value-added products in the market to obtain profits, and adjust the business model overseas is the key initiative. America is undoubtedly a fertile ground of opportunity.
The forum will be hosted by “US-China Capital Cities Friendship Council" and co-organized by Washington, District of Columbia city government and other agencies. The forum has been strongly support by the two countries’governments, the Chinese enterprises can understand the regional policy of US through this event. The forum will invite a number of world-class experts, senior Chinese and American officials, the famous American think tank scholars, American real estate developers, American entrepreneurs, investors and well-known Chinese and American lawyers to discuss the current economic situation in the world, and analyze the stories of success and failure of Chinese enterprises invest in America. The forum is committed to providing effective help for the Chinese enterprises to invest in the United States.